I took a year to stay away from social media and blogging. It was a productive year. Though I am reconnecting to the world of blogs and continuing with a few freelance clients, I’ve enjoyed the time to think and plan and consider my future as a writer. This is what I accomplished:
- I finished drafts for two novels
- We moved from TN to TX
- Nursed husband through near-fatal infection and long recovery
- Lost one kitty, gained another
- Wrote and polished three short stories
- Journaled my way through 27 school theme books
- Plumbed the depths of my heart and soul to answer one question: How important was it to me to publish?
I’m back now, though slowly. I have much more free time now, but I’ve also learned to jealously guard that time to write for myself, for others, and for future readers.